Proposals, Pricing, and Policies
In this section you can learn how to submit a proposal for an iConquerMS™ research study, read about the costs involved in conducting research with iConquerMS™, and review our policies regarding research studies.
Study development and review process
Our process for developing, reviewing and approving iConquerMS™ research studies involves working closely with investigators and the iConquerMS™ participant community to ensure successful studies that will benefit people with MS. The process consists of the following steps:
- You (the investigator) contact iConquerMS™ to explore your research concept using this contact form or via email, phone call or meeting.
- iConquerMS™ research staff set up a call or meeting with you to discuss your research concept and review the iConquerMS™ resources and procedures.
- We share the concept with the iConquerMS™ Research Committee which reviews it using our review criteria. We then share it with the iConquerMS™ participant community for early-stage input. We provide the feedback to you.
- You develop and submit a research proposal using the iConquerMS™ proposal form.
- The Research Committee and participant community review the proposal, and we then share their feedback with you.
- You submit a final proposal, addressing the feedback provided as desired.
- The Research Committee decides whether to approve your proposal based on the review criteria.
iConquerMS™ research studies review criteria
When reviewing an iConquerMS™ research proposal, Research Committee members are asked to consider the extent to which the proposed research meets the following criteria. The Committee recognizes that some of these criteria will not apply to all research proposals.
- Research focuses on issues and concerns that are known or believed to be considered important by people with MS.
- Research has been developed with input from people with MS.
- Research is scientifically rigorous.
- New data is feasible to collect (for proposals that involve obtaining additional data not already collected via iConquerMS™).
- Research has the potential to definitively answer an important question.
- Research leverages data from other PCORnet partners along with iConquerMS™.
Open-access and data sharing policies
Accelerated Cure Project has a longstanding policy of providing its research resources on an open-access basis, meaning that we will work with any investigator, at any institution, anywhere in the world who is conducting valid research that is in alignment with our mission and policies.
We also have a longstanding policy supporting data sharing among investigators. Researchers who use iConquerMS™ resources in their studies are obligated to share the data and/or findings generated using these resources with Accelerated Cure Project for further use, including sharing with the broader scientific community.
Pricing for studies using iConquerMS™ data, samples, and other resources is based on the level of effort associated with the study and can include recovery of costs incurred to create existing resources as well as the projected costs of study-specific efforts. Please contact us for more information including estimates. We strongly advise you to contact us for an estimate in advance of applying for funding for any iConquerMS™ study.